Monday, August 13, 2012

Follow that blogger: Kristine Obcena





For my first ‘Follow that Blogger’ post, I would like to give tribute to the proprietor of this idea, my soul mate, Kristine Obcena (follow her here  ).
I first met this Cheese last May 5 on Lissa Kahayon and David Guison’s  Blogging, Photography and Power dressing workshop in Manila. She was my groupmate in an activity. Here’s our group picture.


 Say CHEESE.
That’s me in red and that’s her, the girl beside me wearing black.
(Photo from: Benedict Bigalbal)

Here’s the actual outfit. J  Photo from: kristineobcena.blogspot.com


What I like about Kristine’s style is, it’s very simple and versatile. I was very inspired by one of her latest blogs, Fashion Cycle. Last Wednesday or better known in our school as WashDay, I decided to somehow copy the style yet I chose a different color palette- BLUE. Yay!

My turn J









I’ve surpassed my comfort zones when I wore this outfit. It is what fashion supposed to be, breaking barriers in you comfort zones and thinking outside the box. Just by wearing this attire, I’ve accepted the fact that I will be criticized by the people around me. 

I became a scene stealer that day. Because what I’m wearing is unusual and distant from the norm, maybe it’s also one definition of fashion- STANDING OUT.

So, what do you think?

Photocredits: Camille Regala

No comments:

Post a Comment